Placing An Order
All items shown on this website are made to order. Each piece is individually hand made and slight variations are to be expected. If you would like me to send you a photo of the finished piece before posting please ask. Once payment has been received, it can take up to one week to have an order ready to send, but I will usually have it finished and on it’s way in 2-3 working days. Please contact me to discuss your order, an estimated shipping date, and postage costs.
Some pieces can be commissioned (custom ordered), please contact me with your ideas.
I accept Payments via Bank Transfer and PayPal.
Buying a gift for someone else – Free tissue paper gift wrapping available for all orders. Please ask me if you would like a free folded card and envelope enclosed with your order too. It can be sent blank inside for you to fill in yourself, or if you would like me to post your order direct to the giftee I can write a message inside for you.
Also available (Please ask and I will advise if your order will fit into any of the following) :
Pillow Boxes – Add an extra £1.50 to your order :
– Small = 105 x 83 x 20mm
– Large = 160 x 138 x 40mm
Gift Boxes with Ribbon – Add an extra £2.50 to your order :
– Small Rectangular = 138 x 89 x 25mm
– Large Rectangular = 178 x 128 x 32mm
– Square = 93 x 93 x 25mm
In accordance with Distance Selling Regulations, you can cancel an order in writing or by e-mail within 7 days of delivery, if boxed with all the original packaging. Items can be returned for a full refund (excluding postage) provided they are returned within ten business days of receipt in their original condition. I recommend returns are sent with proof of postage so you can make a claim if it gets damaged or lost in the post. No returns will be accepted after two weeks. Returns on custom orders are not accepted.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order item for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list;
– if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
– Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
– Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions, but only for postage and delivery services.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
– Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
– Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Genea Waterson, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Glass By Genea, 264 Old Shoreham Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 7EG, UK.